Friday, December 5, 2008

SOURCE OF JOY AND LAUGHTER


Four days of absence and no updates! Where was I? What was I doing? haha

Well, you've guessed it! The Vacation Bible School which I mentioned in my previous post! I apologize for not updating from day to day as I have intended to do so. I was dead tired! I've been sleeping so early these four days. The earliest I've slept was at 8! Ya, that was how tired I was!

Anyway, today marks the end of another successful, fun-filled, joyful, exciting, and tiring Vacation Bible School! I'm pretty sure, many are looking forward to next year's VBS. I definitely am!! =)

Before I move on any further, a brief introduction to this year's VBS theme,mascots, and Bible verses would be appropriate. This year's 2008 VBS theme is : POWER LAB - Discovering Jesus' Miraculous Power!!! By the name, you can conclude that it involves laboratory devices and instruments such as test-tubes, vials, beakers, thermometers, microscopes, and all the other instruments that are found in labs. It also includes scientists, or professors, as it is called in some places.


We have mascots every year, and for this year, I'm proud to present the five mascots from the Power Lab and they are as follow: Fizzy the Test tube, Max the Battery, Electra the Electricity, Sparki the Lightbulb, and last but not least, Dewd the Bubble. I was the Crew Leader for Electra! She was one of the female mascot, together with Sparki and, in my opinion, the styliest of all! =)


Dewd the Bubble

Fizzy the Test tube


Sparki the Lightbulb


Electra the Electricity


Max the Battery

The three Bible verses for this year's VBS are:

- the power to be thankful
- the power to be helpful
- the power to be brave

It was such a joy working as a Crew Leader, though sometimes it may be tiring, and there are those children that literally drive you up the wall with their complains, demands, and annoyance! But I still love them and now as I am writing this, I'm beginning to miss them. I would love to name a few of them. Nigel Raveen, Mark Teh, Li Wei Hong, and Joshua Vinod. I am going to miss this four amigos so much! Please come back next year!!

All in all, the whole VBS was a complete success! The teachers, the helpers, and the volunteers all did a fantastic job in putting this big project together and launched it into success! All your effort, all your sweat, all your hardwork, all your time, all your strength, all your commitment, all your energy, all the stress, did not go to waste! Well done, everyone! God is definitely proud of you!

I have learned so much from these four days! Those were priceless moments! Being able to spend time with the children was most satisfying.

There is no greater joy then being able to bless and see the children blessed!

That's all! AHA! Hope all of you will have a wonderful weekend and have a good rest!

Sincerely: dpyc

No comments: