Monday, November 10, 2008

A DOOR OF OPPORTUNITY



I just know what lay ahead of me...

The year is drawing to a close and every year, when the school break comes, churches will have camps, outings, retreats, you name it!

I am elated because this year I am once again going for the annual GY Camp and what's more, it is being held in Peace Haven, Genting Highlands! Even the name sounds so soothing and relaxing! But.....

On one beautiful, sunny Sunday morning, my dream for a relaxing school break was shattered! I bumped into Zlwin Chew! As soon as we said our "Hi's and good mornings, he took a short pause and then continued speaking:

Zlwin: David, you are going for the camp, right?

Me: Yes! Oh , I have actually paid the camp fee to "this person" last week!

Zlwin: Oh ok, that's cool!

I was about to walk off, but he stopped me!

Zlwin: David, I've got something to tell you!

Me: Erm..yeah? What is it?

Zlwin: You have been chosen to be one of the group leaders of the camp! *smiles*

Me: (Pause for a few seconds, mouth a little wide open, eyes bigger than usual!) Oh ok! Thanks!


I was really hoping that they would not pick me because all I had in mind was to go for the camp, be a member of a team, enjoy and relax! In short - having no duties, no responsibilities and no worries at all!

Though I was a bit troubled but I still thanked God for this opportunity! I tried not to look at it as a burden but as a door of opportunity from God! I've been to 5 GY Camps and never have I been in leadership. I've never been an assistant leader either- always a member!

But now, I have been chosen as a leader all of a sudden. From a mere member to a group leader who would be leading and working with youths who are older and better than me! =p

Nevertheless, I am still grateful for this opportunity where I can be, for once, a GY Camp group leader! I can put in my cv that I had led a group of young people in a camp!!!


Lord, thank you for this golden opportunity!


Have a most wonderful week and stay blessed!
Sincerely: dpyc

1 comment:

Zlwin Chew said...

Wonderful post. I chose you because you love God.

You are a man of God and He opens doors for you to grow and mature in your faith and walk.

This is just the beginning of more things to come. Stay with God, with the church and always fix your eyes on Jesus.

More to come...

because

There Must To Be More To Life Than This...

God bless, bro.