Saturday, November 3, 2007

LEADERSHIP TRAINING 2007



Wuhoo! I just came back from a leadership training class that was held in Grace Assembly of God this morning. It started at 9 and ended around 5 something.


I am so glad that I went for it. Initially I did not want to go, simply because I was so tired this morning. I actually tore myself off the bed. =) But in the end I managed to get up and go for the leadership training.


I HAD AN ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL TIME working with my team members and also getting to know new people. OK I do not want to confuse you. I will tell you the events that took place in a chronological order.



Firstly, we were all divided into five specific groups. They were group A, B, C, D, and E. How were we divided?? I know must of you guys and gals will think that they would have already placed us into our groups, or each person had to shout A, B, C and so on. Then those who are in A group will go and gather together.



But for me, this new should it "style or method" of dividing was new to me. Instead of the same, old, boring method, the leaders came out with a new way. It was by writing A, B, C, D, and E on a sticky note, and sticking them on our foreheads. Once that was done, we were to go around and see those who had the same alphabet. But there were rules and regulations. We were not allowed to talk or make any gestures. Only eye signals. But as you know, most people would not listen, and in the end, there were pointing and whispering. But some were smart, they went to the mirror..hahahahahaha...smart people, well there were even genuis people too, those who had camera phones..haha..you know la what they did..I don't have to tell you.



When all had gathered together in their specific groups, we went on to the next agenda and that was:



CHOOSING A LEADER, GROUP NAME, and A SONG/ YELL




Btw, I was in B group. =) Alright, after we had discussed who was the leader, we went on to name our group. Since my group started with a "B" we all came to a conclusion and in the end our group name was........



- BANANA -




What kind of name is that, you might think. Banana?? Well...wait first...do not judge a banana by its skin. =)



Now for the first big event! The five groups were given a task, and that mission was to save "CIK TELUR" How?? Ok, we were suppose to make a life-saving jacket for our one and only Cik Telur. She wanted to commit suicide, and we were to save her. We were not allowed to let Cik Telur died such an awful death. Those who could save her was the winning team.


Hastily, we sat close together in a circle and started birthing out ideas, creativeness, and most importantly designing the life-saving jacket. It was not easy at first because we were actually quite "blur" and our brains were not working well simply because many just woke up. However, as time passed, ideas begin to fill our brains and we worked together to make the most super-duper chunted erm...strong jacket for our Miss.


After the 20 minutes, each group had to hand up their designs. When we looked at ours, we were like, what kind of jacket is this?? In addition to that we had no name for it. At first look you would think that this team is at the verge of going down the drain. Hopeless! Cannot win wan! The egg will surly break.


However, we had faith and believed that it will not break. When ours were released from the balcony, ours had the loudest sound. Everyone thought that the egg had been broken into a millions pieces. But..but..


When I cut open the newspapers that was wrapped around it, the egg was still warm and perfectly in shape. Pheww!!


And guess what?? Our team, the BANANAS got number 1! At first we were all taken-aback. We could not believe that we won, but as I said earlier, do not judge a banana..but its skin..hehe..


__________________________________________________




Well to cut the story short, I indeed had a great time learning what are the important points that makes a good leader. And it is important if you have a good leader. You would not want to follow a leader that is wicked.



Ok, just before I end, I would want to ask you a question! My team won, was it because of LEADERSHIP or TEAMWORK?? Which of it determined the victory of the team??


I think this was a very good question made by Ps. John. Think about it! Let me know the answer in my c-box if you want.




Till then, buy buy and God bless you!!


Sincerely: dpyc

______________________________________________


- A leader is not one who manipulates but delegates -




No comments: