Saturday, October 27, 2007

A GREAT LESSON LEARNED


I have learned a very important lesson from my very own sister, Deborah. She is 8 years old and still growing.

Yesterday she was down with mild fever and today was the Sports Fiesta 2007 ( I will talk on that later.) She wanted to go so badly but mum said that she was not allowed to go because Deborah needed alot of rest. My mum was afraid that the fever would get worse because of the intense heat of the sun, and you know when you have fever, and your are in the sun, you would definitely become restless and start to feel uncomfortable, moreover if Deborah was tired and wanted to sleep, where could she sleep?!


But Deborah refused to stay at home. So my mum told her, "If you want to go for the sports fiesta, then you better go and sleep early, then by tomorrow you will feel much better." Immediately, after dinner, Deborah ate her medicine, took her shower and went to bed. That was around 8 sumthing..


Before she went to bed, she said to my mum, "Ma, if I am not able to go tomorrow can you please buy this for her friend, and she concluded by saying, but please, please wake me up no matter what. I really want to go for the event. With that she said goodnight and went to sleep"


As I came down the stairs, I saw a large, A4 sized piece of paper, sticked onto the wall, and on it this was what it said,




"Ma, please remember to wake me up when you wake up. If i'm not
going, can you please take my friend's coupons and buy something for her. Please
Please Please remember to wake me up NO MATTER WHAT! I've already given the coupons to David"


Thanks, Deborah

Complete and unabridged


Telling my mum she wanted to go was not all, she even wrote a letter..haha..but that was not all, during the night, she kept waking up. After waking up a few times, I asked her, "Why you keep on waking up and walking around huh? Go and sleep la" You want to go right tomorrow? And through her facial expression, I came to realise that each time she woke up was to see whether my mum had left for the event. Deborah wanted to make sure that my mum did not leave without her. She was so DETERMINE to go for the event.


That is the main subject of my post today, "DETERMINATION"

Just for a sports event, she was so so determine to go. Willing to sacrifice her sleep and health!


That really amazes me! I am happy that God taught me a lesson that was important. Standing my ground! =)


Finally she did went, before she went to bed I said to her, you sleep now, I will wake you up tomorrow ok? Hehehe..in the end she was the one who woke me up. When I woke up, the very first thing she said was, Yeah right! Say want to wake me up only. But never. I am the one who have wake u up! haha..isn't sisters just great!!



Determination is the wake up call to the human will - Anonymous

To think is easy, to act is difficult - Johann Wolfgang van Goeth




That is all..God bless and Jesus loves you!


Sincerely: dpyc

No comments: