Sunday, August 12, 2007

BLANK

just for you guys to have a good laugh...

A new preacher had just begun his sermon. He was a little nervous, and about ten minutes into the talk his mind went blank. He remembered what they had taught him in seminary to do when a situation like this would arise - repeat your last point. Often this would help you remember what is coming next. So he thought he would give it a try.

"Behold, I come quickly," he said. Still his mind was blank. He thought he would try it again. "Behold I come quickly." Still nothing happened.

He tried it one more time with such force that he fell forward, knocking the pulpit to one side, tripping over a flowerpot, and falling into the lap of an old lady in the front row.

The young preacher apologized and tried to explain what happened.

"That's all right, young man," said the little old lady. "It's my fault. I should have gotten out of the way. You told me three times you were coming."

No comments: