Tuesday, January 20, 2009

YES WE CAN!

The most historic event in the U.S probably the world - the inauguration of the first African-American president - President Barack H. Obama. The first black to sit on the presidency sit of the U.S. Obama's Inauguration is today. It's the final day for George W. Bush and a new start for Barack Obama.

I can hardly believe that I am about to witness the most historic Inauguration in the history of the United States. When I come to think about it, it's really hard to comprehend the fact that a Black now will lead the U.S.

You see, I'm a homeschooler under the American program; therefore, I do not learn about Malaysian history, instead American history. I've studied alot on the history of America - from the Age of Exploration, to the birth of America, and to the presidents that lead the country. Never have I read, an African-American taking the presidency seat.

If you are familiar with American history, you will know that the Blacks were not very well accepted and treated, instead they were mistreated. This lead to slavery, segregation, and lack of rights in the U.S. But as we read on the history of America, many great leaders, presidents, and civil right movement activists fought for the freedom of the Blacks, whom some of them were President Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr., W. E. B DuBious, Rosa Parks, Malcolm X, and others.

After 54 years, since the beginning of the civil rights movement in 1955 to this day, finally the dream that Martin Luther King Jr. had, came to pass. Barack Obama now sits on the presidency seat!

As I looked at his picture in Wikipedia, I find it hard to believe that the man I was looking at, who is a Black, is the 44th president of the U.S. It's really amazing!

Now, I'm just waiting to read about him in the Lifepacs. It will not be publish so soon, but I await to read it! =) I'm proud to able to witness and be a part of this historic event!


"Change we can believe in"

Have a most blessed day! God bless! =)

Sincerely: dpyc

(image taken from Wikipedia)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

btw in case you havent KNOWN OBAMA IS A FREAK AND A PUPPET YOU'RE ALL JUST BLINDED BY THIS MAN'S CHARISMA AND HOW WELL HE SPEAKS...BUT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT'S BEHIND WHAT'S GOIN ON IN AMERICAN CAUSE YOURE ALL FREAKIN BLIND !! GO DO SOME RESEARCH ABOUT THE "WORLD YOURE LIVIN IN!!!!"